Dedicated Personal Injury Attorneys Representing Nevadans
Since the conception of our firm, we have strived to build a reliable reputation of helping our clients, maintain records of success that always benefits them, and create a long-lasting relationship with you based on mutual trust and loyalty. Personal injury cases can occur at any time anywhere, without any warning, despite the many precautions you may take. Accidents in itself can have severe consequences on a person and his/her family, but when injuries are caused by someone’s negligent actions, they can devastating, financially and emotionally. Our personal injury attorneys at needaninjuryattorneynevada.com are committed to bringing the kind of justice and compensation you truly deserve for your damages and suffering. We take the time and care to understand your case and customize our service and advice to suit your specific needs. Our attorneys don’t merely invest their efforts in fulfilling a legal service but foster the kind of relationship where you can rely on them for a comprehensive recovery because you are not just another client to us.
Personal injury laws encompass any wrongful actions that result in injury or damage to you, your property, legal rights, or your reputation, but does not include breach of contract or trust. Personal injuries can occur due to many incidents, ranging from work accidents to traffic accidents, and they can also be in the form of physical injuries or manifest psychologically. But note that in order to acquit the person in question, there must be provable negligence, wrongdoing or fostering unsafe conditions that contributed to the accident. Getting professional legal help should be the first step if you or a loved one suffered personal injuries, even if you’re unsure of the legal validity, as our expert attorneys will carefully examine your case to determine the next course of action and equip you with extensive legal options, empowering you to make an informed decision.
Personal Injury Areas
Our comprehensive set of services in personal injuries offers superior support and benefits to you no matter what your circumstance. For example, in motor vehicle accidents we handle accidents caused by trucks, motorcycles, passenger cars, etc. You can be another driver or pedestrian involved in the accident and the accused driver may have been negligent, distracted or intoxicated, our attorneys have diverse experience handling different types of personal injury cases. Other cases include but not limited to worker’s compensation, trip-and-fall accidents, dog bites, construction site accidents, medical malpractice, product defect claims, and more. If you’re unsure of which personal injury laws apply to your situation, reach out to our attorneys for a detailed assessment of your case immediately to get a better understanding of what you’re entitled to.
What Result Can You Expect From Your Claim
In cases of personal injuries, we can usually expect to reach one of two forms of resolutions, an informal settlement or formal lawsuit:
- Informal Settlement – In certain situations, a legal dispute over personal injury may be resolved even before reaching the court in the form a legal lawsuit. An informal out-of-court settlement can be reached, which means that both parties will sign a written agreement to settle the claim. In exchange for an agreed amount of compensation from the accused party, the claimant will sign to forgo his/her rights to file a lawsuit for further legal reprehensions.
- Formal Lawsuit – When both parties cannot reach an out-of-court settlement, the case will be resolved by pursuing formal legal action in court. Unlike criminal cases that must be initiated by the government, any individual can file personal injury lawsuits in court against another individual, business or government entity. Here the goal will be to prove that the accused party acted in negligence or caused intentional harm that contributed to the accident and resulted in the claimant’s injuries.
Damages You Can Claim
Accidents resulting in personal injuries can have severe consequences, including physical injuries and emotional or psychological trauma. While physical injuries may literally disable you from leaving home, psychological damages can manifest in ways such as fear of leaving home or phobia of the certain activities. You will need a capable attorney who will accurately assess and fight for compensations to cover all these of damages. It also includes:
- Loss of earnings
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damages or renovations to install accessibility structures such as ramps.
Common Personal Injuries
Personal injuries encompass a wide scope of injuries varying in severity. You can suffer small injuries or life-threatening ones, and you will need to be fairly compensated for your suffering. Common injuries include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord fractures
- Scars and wounds
- Burns and bruises
- Wrongful death
Nevada’s Personal Injury Laws
Nevada has its own specific laws governing personal injury accidents and settlements so knowing some important laws that may affect your case will enable you to take the right actions and prevent mistakes that may reduce your compensation:
- Statue of limitation – The state has set a limit on the time from the occurrence of the accident within which you must file your lawsuit in court. There is usually a two-year limit after which your case may be refused in court, but this time limit may vary for different cases.
- Shared Fault – In some cases, the accident may not entirely be the accused party’s fault and you may share part of the blame. Then the state applies a special rule called modified comparative fault rule, which may reduce or completely remove compensation for injuries, depending on the circumstances. It is essential to prove that the accused party was more than 50% at fault and you share less than 50% of the blame to receive compensation of any amount.
- Damage caps – Nevada has a cap or limit of $350,000 that applies to compensation for non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases such as
pain and suffering. This limit does not apply to financial expenses such as medical bills and loss of pay, and only affects cases arising from medical errors, not any other personal injury accidents.
Personal injuries cases have a vast scope of laws and complications governing it and affecting its outcome. Get in touch with our talented attorneys to get superior service and valued legal counseling, available at your convenience. Your needs will always be our priority and we promise to deliver the compensation that you deserve and the justice you and your family warrant.