Were You Injured In A Bus Accident? Call Us Now
Buses are a great, cost-effective way to travel, and for many Nevadans, it’s the only mode of transportation they can afford. City buses, tour buses, and school buses fill our roads at all hours of the day with hundreds of passengers relying on these buses to get them safely to their destinations. Sadly, buses are also prone to accidents and can have catastrophic consequences to persons involved, as they rarely have safety belts and not equipped with airbags to keep all passengers safe.
Buses are often controlled by government entities or owned by large companies, and their drivers are usually protected by powerful legal representation. Due to the magnitude of bus accidents, these parties will fight hard to distance themselves and evade liability for the injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, you will need strong, experienced bus accident attorneys to represent you and obtain maximum compensation for your painful experience. As you’re caught up dealing with the situation, you may not realize the importance of getting the right financial compensation and the value of what this would do to help you cope with the mounting medical expenses. Attorneys at needaninjuryattorneynevada.com will ensure that you and your family makes a significant legal and financial recovery and receives the just outcome you deserve.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
There are many factors that can contribute to the causes of bus accidents. Some of the common causes are:
- Defective equipment – Buses require constant and proper maintenance to ensure safe operations but many companies fail to do so, causing preventable accidents. Bus companies try to save cost or act in sheer negligence by failing to replace worn-out parts, repairing faulty equipment and servicing the tires and engines.
- Negligent driving – Bus drivers are often distracted by their phone, texting or other passengers and result in serious accidents.
- Inexperience and incapacity – Drivers need sufficient experience in driving large vehicles to operate safely and efficiently and to properly negotiate distance. But some drivers may drive without sufficient training and cause collisions. Drivers are also known to drive exceeding the limit of hours allowed and hence drive while fatigued or drowsy. This leads to poor judgment and causes accidents.
Who Is Liable In Bus Accidents?
In cases of bus accidents, there are many parties involved that could be held liable:
- Bus drivers and owning company – In case of driver negligence or poor maintenance of bus, the driver in question and his/her employer can be held accountable.
- Government bodies – If the accident was due to dangerous road conditions, the government entity in charge of its maintenance can be held liable
- Bus manufacturer – Where faulty parts or equipment caused the accident.
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a bus accident or is a victim of wrongful death, trust our experienced attorneys at needaninjuryattorneynevada.com to build a strong legal case on your behalf and obtain the financial compensation you deserve. We understand that bus accidents are complicated and can be overwhelming, so allow us to lift the legal and financial burden this accident caused on your family and we promise to dedicate our best efforts to you. Call us now to get started.